Social Enterprise Scotland is the national policy and campaigning organisation for all Scottish social enterprises. Our current campaigning is based on For the Good of Everyone - the Manifesto for Social Enterprise 2016. #VoteSocialEnterprise
We work to influence key decision makers in The Scottish Government and Parliament, local authorities and other public sector bodies and the UK Government and Parliament. We also work to influence private sector businesses and academia - as well as raising the profile of social enterprise to the public and media. The aim is to improve the operating environment for social enterprise and help them grow, develop and thrive.
We offer advice and information to government and parliament, respond to consultations, giving oral and written evidence in parliament, hosting policy events and engage with local authorities, SENs, TSIs and other local forums and produce policy manifestos for elections.
- Promoting and protecting the social enterprise brand
- Building mass public awareness
- Taking a global outlook
- Social enterprise at the heart of the Scottish Business Pledge
- Transforming public services
- Driving business support forward
- Boosting social investment and funding
- Targeted tax cuts for social enterprises
- Valuing interns, volunteers and apprentices
- Social enterprise in our schools
- Local solutions as standard